What is Metal Roofs?
Metal Roofs: Metal Roofing Materials is made from the metal pieces or tiles with component like Zinc, Copper , Alloy and many more which is characterized by its high resistance, impermeability and longevity.
Metal Roofs is first common choice of people for new construction or to replace the old roofs material. Most People have misconception about Metal Roofing that it attract Lightning, Because People think Metal is good conductor of electricity. Truly, when lightning strikes, it is looking for a way to ground and quite often will strike whatever item is most elevated in the space that additionally has an immediate way to ground.
Metal roofing has also be called as the “Cadillac of Roofing.”
Type of Metal Roofing Materials
Below are list of 5 Metal Roofing Materials:
1) Zinc Roofing Materials
Zinc Roofing Materials: Zinc is mainly known for his properties like Extremely long-lasting, resistant to corrosion and lowest melting point. Zinc has great ability to be easily formed and turn in any amazing shape Due to which its is first and Favorite priority for commercial building.
Zinc is considered to be the greenest metal roofs Materials. Zinc is 100% recyclable material also zinc has very low melting point so less energy is consumed. Zinc Durability is upto 100 Years.
2) Copper Roofing Materials
Copper Roofing Materials: Copper is mainly known for his Properties like Extremely long-lasting, very soft with low melting temperature. Copper is very soft so it is easy to made roofing of Copper Materials. Its Durability is also about 200 Years.
Copper is also environment Friendly materials or we can say green material. Due to insulation properties it minimize noise of rain fall water and hail at the same level. But it can be easily be damaged in hail region. Hail Stone can easily dent on Copper Material on rooftop.
3) Steel Roofing Materials
Steel Roofing Materials: Steel Metal Roofs Materials is commonly used material in commercial office rooftops and also used to build residential house in urban area. It is an alloy made from Iron and Other elements. As compared to other metal it is least expensive. Steel Can be easily Recyclable.
There are mainly Three Type of Steel Roofs Materials Used: Galvanized, Galvalume, and Weathering Steel.
- Weathering Steel: It is very heavy steel which is used to designed very big Construction like Bridges. The Outer layer of Weathering Steel is cover with rust which also help to protect inner part of Steel.
- Galvanized Steel: This Type of steel outer layer is totally made of pure zinc which protect the inner layer of steel from corrosion. This also help to increase the life of Steel Panel used on a rooftop.
- Galvalume Steel: This is same as Galvanized Steel but it use the mixture of Aluminum and zinc on outer coating which protect the inner part from Corrosion in certain environments compared to Galvanized Steel.
4) Tin Roofing Material
Tin Roofing Material: This Is Type of Metal Roofs Materials mainly used in United State and Canada part. Tin Roofing can be take place on the place of Metal Roofing, Steel Roofing or Galvanized Steel.
Tin was presented as a canning material, which was then adjusted by provincial DIYers by smoothing out the material and utilizing it as a shingle when different materials were not free.
5) Aluminum Roofing Material
Aluminum Roofing Material: This Type of Metal Roofs Material has properties like Long-lasting and resistant to salt water corrosion. In Coastal Area, Aluminum Roofing is used because aluminum’s resistance to salt corrosion compared to other types of metal roofing materials.
Cost of Metal Roofs Installation on House or Building Rooftop
Cost of Metal Roofs is Depend on material used to Build, Style, Pattern and Area. It approx. cost is $5 to $12 Per Square Foot.
Pro’s and Con’s of Metal Roofing
below are some Pro’s and Con’s of Metal Roofs:
Pro’s of Metal Roofs
Below are some advantages of Metal Roofs:
- Metal Roofing surface reflects heat, lowering cooling costs in hot climates.
- It is Recyclable Material.
- They resist wind damage better than other roofing choices.
- It is Fire Proof, So good choice of area where Wildfire is risk.
- Metal Roofs is less susceptible to leaking than shingles when installed correctly.
- It has Durability up to 200 Years depend on Material used.
Con’s of Metal Roofs
Below are some disadvantages of Metal Roofs:
- This type of Roofing required technical expertise on roofing.
- It can more expensive as compared to asphalt shingle roof.
- It can fade in time or may be susceptible to staining.
- It can make loud noise during rain fall.
- It is sleepery when it is covered with snow and also when it is wet.