What is Concrete Roofs?
Concrete Roofs: This type of Solid Slab materials uses on the rooftop of your house and building. Concrete Materials are vary in shape and size, but most concrete roofs are several inches thick. This Kind of Roofing will strong and harder day by day as being baked in the sun.
As Concrete Roofs Materials also passes the freeze and thaws tests for clay, brick and structural material, Which is tested by the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM).
This is a significant quality not simply in chilly environments, where the tiles should withstand temperatures well beneath freezing for quite a long time, yet additionally in locales or environments with wide swings between every day low and high temperatures.
The American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM), also tested wind tunnel test which give proof that concrete material can withstand wind of up to 125 km/hr. So it is best uses for region who suffer from tornadoes and hurricanes.
Due to hail resistant property, Concrete Roofs material can be able to withstand hailstones two inches in diameter or less without suffering damage. Two inch hail is similar diameter as Standard Egg.
As per the Study of Tile Roof Institute, Concrete Roofs can also withstand against seismic forces which is far greater than the 0.8 gravity acceleration. So it can also handle the Earthquake.
According to Florida Solar Energy Center, a solid tile rooftop of Concrete decreased the exchange of sunlight based warmth, or roof motion, by 48% compared with a dark shingle rooftop.
Cost of Concrete Tiles Installation on Rooftop
The National Average Range cost to Installation of Concrete Tiles on your house rooftop of 1500 Square Foot is between $20000 to $35000. where Cost for the basic tiles with no finish paint is $14000 and Cost for decorative tiles that boast texture and paint is approx. $40000.
Advantages or Benefits of Concrete Roofs Tiles
Here, below are the some advantages of why should do Installation of Concrete Tiles into your House Rooftops:
- Easy to Maintain: As due to Strength and durability property, it’s very easy to maintain, without the need for protective treatments. Only Required little bit of Cleaning Occasionally.
- Durability: Concrete Roofs tiles is long lasting material and The high quality tiles can withstand as long as 100 years due to its property that it become Stronger and harder day by day as being baked in the sun.
- Resistant of Fire: Concrete is thick and solid, and naturally fireproof. This is an incredible wellbeing highlight for any home to have and implies that your property’s design will be saved in the event of a fire.
- Customizable: In concrete Roof you have wide range of choice of different style, Pattern and Colors. Also you can customize your pattern and colors as per your property suitable.
- Sustainability Factor: As Concrete is a environment friendly materials so it can be easily recycle. Also concrete is made of composite materials, so Concrete Tiles can be dropped from rooftop, Remained on or tumbles off the rooftop, it is bound to crush and be broken hopeless.
Disadvantages of Concrete Roofs Tiles
Here, below are the some disadvantages Concrete Roofs Tiles roofing:
- Heavy Weight: As Concrete Roofs material is very heavy in weight compared to other roofing Material so it is not easy to install it. So first you should reinforced in order to support the heavy concrete tiles slab. Also It take more time to transport too.
- Easily Break: concrete is made of composite materials, so Concrete Roofs Tiles can be dropped from rooftop, Remained on or tumbles off the rooftop, it is bound to crush and be broken hopeless.
- Poor Weather Resistance: Weather Change can affect the concrete roofs tiles faster Compare to the slate roofs and Clay Roofs. May be stained and cracked faster compare to other roofs materials.